Phase One Cultural Heritage Specialist Training Course 2022
Become a Phase One Cultural Heritage Specialist
The Phase One Cultural Heritage Specialist training course is aimed at those involved in digitisation work, helping them to work more efficiently, produce higher quality images, and establish workflow and practices which can be easily standardised and replicated in their teams. The Phase One Cultural Heritage Specialist training course (POCHS) is an advanced course designed for institutions holding large collections for digitisation & working professionals, taught by Phase One Technical Support staff with years of experience and in-depth knowledge of Phase One Cultural Heritage solutions & software applications.
POCHS – training takes place over two days and comprises lectures, demonstrations, practical tasks & theory.
Following day two, an online exam will be made available.
Students receive a comprehensive setup and troubleshooting guide, example practice images, and a one month trial of Capture One Cultural Heritage edition software.
The POCHS event – London. Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th October 2022.
The British Library, The Foyle Suite, 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB.
- Start to finish setup and workflow for high volume capture<\/li>\n
- Phase One Camera Systems for CH digitization<\/li>\n
- The iXH \/ iXG Repro camera system & its automation features<\/li>\n
- The iXH \/ iXG workflow<\/li>\n
- The XF Camera System in a CH environment<\/li>\n
- Reliable tethering and operation<\/li>\n
- Capture One CH edition software<\/li>\n
- Advanced workflow features for different digitisation projects: film, book, documents, flat art<\/li>\n
- Advanced Colour Management in Capture One<\/li>\n
- Tools needed for accurate colour for Flat art reproduction<\/li>\n
- Studio Setup<\/li>\n
- Capture Preflight<\/li>\n
- Auto Crop<\/li>\n
- Film Digitization<\/li>\n
- Capture One Workflow<\/li>\n
- Basic Troubleshooting<\/li>\n<\/ul>\n<\/div>\n<\/div>\n\n\n
There will also be a discussion covering Multispectral imaging using the Phase One Wide Spectrum & Achromatic digital repro cameras, anon-invasive spectral characterisation of objects, media, inks, and colorants, revealing artefacts that are not visible to the eye in natural light.<\/p>\n<\/div>\n<\/div>\n
POCHS, two day course & certification, £590.00, Ex vat, per candidate.
Travel and accommodation are at the candidates’ own expense.
Course places are limited to a maximum 12 candidates per course.